Are you concerned about rising family breakdown and the decline in standards and responsibility? I know I am.
Having spent several years teaching in secondary schools and tertiary institutions, working as a social worker with young people in South Auckland for more than 15 years, and engaging with the issues of the day on talkback radio, I am all too aware of the social cost of family breakdown.
In New Zealand, the married two-parent family is increasingly sidelined while the divorce rate skyrockets. More children are growing up without their dads and more solo mums are struggling to make ends meet. There is rising drug and alcohol abuse and violence in the community. Young girls are being forced into prostitution and some are having abortions behind their parents’ back.
Standards in the media and advertising are getting worse and political correctness is strangling free speech. All while people demand more rights without taking responsibility.
“New Zealanders need a voice that can research and advocate for strong families and safe communities, which is why we started Family First.”
Our Charity Registration number is: CC10094. For further details, please click here for link to Charities Commission website.
Family First will:
- be a voice for the family in the media speaking up about issues relating to families that are in the public domain
- promote and advance research and policy supporting marriage and family as foundational to a strong and enduring society
- participate in social analysis and debate surrounding issues relating to and affecting the family being promoted by academics, policy makers, social service organisations and media, and to network with other like-minded groups and academics
- produce and publish relevant and stimulating material in newspapers, magazines, and other media relating to issues affecting families
- speak from a family friendly perspective with an emphasis on the Judeo-Christian values which have benefited New Zealand for generations.