Family First New Zealand recognises the importance of protecting an individual’s privacy.
When you subscribe to our emails OR when you donate….
- Information about donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent required by law.
- We will assume that donors prefer anonymity. We will respect the wishes of contributors to remain confidential.
- The personal information you provide when making an online donation, registering for an event or fill-in an online enquiry form through our websites and social channels will be protected by Family First.
What information we collect
Family First collects and uses personal information from donors and supporters including: addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and donation dates/amounts.
Subscribers and donors may choose not to provide some of this information, and we respect their right to withhold such information.
How we collect the information
- When donations, whether solicited or not, are made to Family First the details provided by the donors are recorded in our database (unless the donor has specifically requested to not be added to our database).
- Personal details of volunteers who contact Family First to offer their services are also inputted into our database.
- We do not obtain information about individuals/organisations from other organisations unless those concerned have authorised such collection.
Storage and security of information held
- Family First’s database is password protected and we have a strict hierarchy of access rights in place.
- Family First collects or obtains personal information for the following purposes:
- To distribute receipts for donations;
- To send donor acknowledgement letters and thank donors for their donations;
- To inform supporters about upcoming fundraising and other activities of Family First ;
- For internal analysis and record keeping;
- For direct mailings;
- For any other purpose indicated at the time of supply of the information to Family First .
Accordingly, Family First will only (and you authorise Family First to) use and disclose your personal information for these purposes or as otherwise authorised by you or required by law.
Donors have the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation. However, unless the donor explicitly chooses to have their name associated with their donation, the default is that all donations are not to be publicly announced. Comments given in donor forms may be used in promotional materials while comments sent to us via email, fax or telephone are kept strictly confidential.
Consequences of not providing requested personal information to Family First
Where a person does not provide all personal information which may be requested by Family First for the purposes outlined above, it may not be possible to process the donation or other matter (as applicable) or carry out the other activities outlined above in relation to that person.
Access and correction of information
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to access and request a correction to your personal information. To ensure that your recorded personal information is accurate and up-to-date, please notify us of any changes to your personal details as soon as possible through the following contact methods:
Phone: (09) 261 2426
E-mail: [email protected]
All access to donor financial information is strictly limited to professional staff responsible for processing and reporting on this data. For online payments, Family First only uses processing services with world class security and strong reputations. Family First does not have access to your credit card or account details sent to those processing services and the information is not stored electronically by Family First .