You’ve got to
hear this guy!
UK pyschologist Dr Aric Sigman is the keynote speaker at our upcoming Forum on the Family. He is the author of
* Spoilt generation: Why restoring authority will make our children and society happier; and
* Remotely controlled: How tv is damaging our lives.
and he’s been in the media a lot lately – including NZ media.
IN THE MEDIA – DR ARIC SIGMAN
* View a recent BBC TV debate shown in the UK on the dangers of social networking
* Children should be banned from using computers in schools until they are nine-years-old because the early use of technology is destroying their attention spans, a leading expert said yesterday.
Telegraph (UK) 13 Jun 2010 READ MORE
* Watching TV ‘makes toddlers less intelligent’
NZ Herald May 3, 2010 READ MORE
* The Spoilt Generation: Parents who fail to exert authority breeding youngsters with no respect for anyone
Mail Online (UK) 14th September 2009 READ MORE
* Make parents ration their children’s TV time, says expert
Evening Standard UK 23 Apr 07 READ MORE
* Psychologist Aric Sigman said: ‘The idea smacking and violence are on a continuum is a bizarre and fetished view of what punishment is for most parents. ‘If it’s done judiciously by a parent who is normally affectionate and sensitive to their child, our society should not be up in arms about that. Parents should be taught to distinguish this from a punch in the face.’
Daily Mail UK 4th January 2010 READ MORE
Even if you don’t agree with everything he’s saying, he certainly is going to get the debate going! His topics at the Forum on 6 August 2010 in Auckland are:
* the real effect of tv, media, and social networking
* why restoring authority will make children and society happier
Our other speakers are going to be just as good!….
Australian Melinda Tankard Reist
Author of Getting Real: Challenging the Sexualisation of Girls, Giving Sorrow Words: Women’s Stories of Grief After Abortion AND Defiant Birth: Women Who Resist Medical Eugenics
and also runs Collective shout www.collectiveshout.org
PLUS Ex-Mongrel Mob boss Tuhoe Isaac who has written True Red http://www.true-red.com/ and will speak on “Gangs, Youth and Families: Real Solutions”, and Judy Bailey who needs no introduction and will be presenting the Brainwave Trust Presentation – “How experience shapes the infant’s brain, and the effect of abuse, neglect, drugs, alcohol and stress”
If you would like further information, or would like to register for this important conference, simply click on the image below.
This August, please consider joining with like-minded NZ’ers who are determined to make a difference. As we stand together, we can succeed in speaking strongly for family issues in NZ!
Host – Forum on the Family